Your Privacy is Very Important to us
Datacipher Pty Ltd and its related international entities (“Datacipher”) respects and is committed to protect the privacy of individuals who provide us with personal information, including personal information provided or made available by visitors to our website datcipher.com.au and related sub-sites under this domain as well as any other websites that we may operate from time to time.
Datacipher collects the following categories of personal information:
- first and last name,
- email address,
- telephone number,
- postal or physical address or other contact information,
- IP addresses or other access log information,
- certain other information needed to answer a request, provide information and services or comply with national, state, or local governmental reporting requirements.
In addition, when accessing certain documents or services on our Website, visitors may be asked to provide certain information, such as how they can be contacted, where they work, and what they do.
If you choose to provide Datacipher with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference material to a friend or job referrals.
Purposes of Processing Personal Information
Datacipher collects personal information for the purposes set forth below:
- Operation and maintenance of our Website,
- Participation in marketing promotions,
- Processing your order,
- Personalizing your experience,
- User surveys,
- Direct marketing by Datacipher or its telemarketing service providers (e.g., marketing through physical mail, email, and social media),
- Responding to an inquiry,
- Providing technical support, consulting or cloud-based information security services,
- Better meet the needs of visitors to our Website to answer questions, and to improve delivery of information and services to visitors of our Website, and
- Other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
From time to time and in compliance with applicable law requirements, we may use contact information that you have provided to send you information regarding products and services, as well as other information that we think may be useful to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you may opt out by declining marketing information by following opt out instructions included in such communications.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information we collect will be used solely by and transferred only to Datacipher, its offices and subsidiaries around the world, its resellers and distributors and service providers, which are those companies contracted by Datacipher to deliver requested information and services, and in such instances, only to the extent permitted by applicable law and required to deliver a service or product provided by Datacipher.
Additionally, an individual’s personal information is not shared outside Datacipher, except under conditions explained below and always in accordance with applicable law:
- when we have an individual’s consent to share the information;
- for legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law;
- if sharing an individual’s information is necessary to provide a product or service that is requested (If personal information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information they need to deliver the product or service. Also, such companies are prohibited from using such personal information for any other purpose);
- in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company;
- as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to one of our partners;
- to keep an individual up to date on the latest product announcements, product updates, special offers or other information we think he/she would like to hear about either from us or from our service providers.
- in response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
- with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Datacipher, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
Security of Personal Information
Datacipher safeguards the security of the personal information and other data provided to us with appropriate physical, administrative and technical procedures. Inside Datacipher, personal information is stored in secure and controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in the Australia, New Zealand or any other country where Datacipher, its subsidiaries or service providers are located. When you use our Website, you are transferring information to our Website. While we strive to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information provided to us as no transmission of information via the Internet can ever be completely secure. We urge individuals to protect their personal information when using the Internet by, for example, changing passwords often, using a combination of letters and numbers and making sure to use a secure browser.
If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Websites or by sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing or in any other form required by applicable law.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer so that our Website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Similar technologies are tools that can be used instead of or in conjunction with cookies, such as web beacons which are small non-recognizable pictures downloaded to your computer when a specific site is loaded.
- to help us recognize you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our Website,
- to allow us to tailor content to match your preferred interests,
- to develop leads for our internal sales group and provide direct marketing communications to you if you have consented to receive such communications,
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users interact with our site,
- to help us improve the structure of our Website (we cannot identify you personally in this way), and
- to protect the security of our Website.
Two types of cookies may be used on our Websites: session cookies (which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site) and persistent cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer, though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser, as well as delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Website if cookies are disabled/deleted. If you do not know how to disable or delete cookies for the browser you are using, you should select ‘cookies’ in the Help function of your browser to get more information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Children and Privacy
Our Websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. Datacipher does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for personal information.
Third Party Sites
Datacipher’s Websites may provide links to other third party websites which are outside our control and not covered by this Policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third party websites.
Datacipher may amend this Policy from time to time, and if we make changes that affect the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a revised statement on our Website.