- Duration: 3 weeks
In this three-day class, candidates will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a basic, single channel FortiWLC-based wireless network.
The practical labs will give candidates hands on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
• Plan a simple, single channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
• Deploy a single controller to an access point and integrate with the underlying wired network.
• Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by their users.
• Monitor and assess their wireless networks health and capacity.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity.
• Perform day-to-day management of their wireless network.
1. Introduction to the FortiWLC and single channel networking concepts.
2. Radio frequency planning.
3. Plan and design a basic single channel.
4. Installing and configuring the FortiWLC.
5. Integrating FortiWLC with the wired network.
6. Selecting FortiAPs and planning their locations.
7. Installing and configuring FortiAPs.
8. Building and broadcasting the wireless network.
9. Monitoring the wireless network.
10. Gathering information for troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues.
11. Resolving connectivity and performance problems.
12. Managing and maintaining the wireless network.