- Duration: 3 days
This three-day course is designed to provide students with an understanding of cloud enabled networks, cloud service deployment concepts, and virtualized network platforms such as vSRX and vMX. This course provides a high level overview and understanding of the following concepts: Cloud Network Underlays, Cloud Network Overlays, Cloud Design, Cloud Implementation Methods, Cloud Services, and Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain network overlay and underlay concepts.
• Describe private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture and implementation.
• Describe the implementation of services in a cloud networking environment.
• Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vSRX platform.
• Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vMX platform.
• Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper NFX platform.
• Explain the role of Juniper Networks virtualized platforms in public cloud offerings.
• Describe the functionality and use of Juniper Networks Cloud Connector.
• Explain the need for Software Defined Networking.
• List basic SDN concepts.
• Describe common types of SDN implementation.
• Describe the main Network Function Virtualization components.
• Describe cloud services monitoring.
• Explain the role and functions of AppFormix in cloud services.
• Explain SDN WAN concepts.
• Describe the role, functions, and features of the NorthStar Controller.
• Describe the role, functions, and features of NorthStar Planner.
• Describe the role and functions a vCPE and uCPE components.
• Explain the role, components and functions of Contrail Service Orchestration.
• Explain the role, components and functions of Contrail Networking.
• Explain Software Defined Secure Network concepts.
• Describe methods to secure an SDN environment.
• Explain the functionality of SDSN components.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Cloud Components
• Network Overlay and Underlay Concepts
• Private, Public, and Hybrid Cloud Architecture and Implementation
• Types of Series in a Cloud Network Environment
Chapter 3: Virtualized Platforms
• Implementation of the vSRX Platform
• Implementation of the vMX Platform
• Implementation of the NFX Platform
• Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms in Public Clouds
• Cloud Connector
Lab: Deploying Juniper Networks Virtual Devices - vMX
Chapter 4: SDN Fundamentals
• The Need for SDN
• Main SDN Concepts
• Common Types of SDN
Day 2 Chapter 5: Network Function Virtualization
• Introduction to NFV Architecture
• Main NFV Components
• Examples of VNFs
Lab: Manually Deploying VNFs
Chapter 6: Orchestration and Automation
• Orchestration and Automation Tools in Cloud Networking
• Difference between SDN Automation and Orchestration
• Roles of Cloud Networking Components
• Contrail Networking Components
Chapter 7: AppFormix
• Role of AppFormix
• Components of AppFormix
• Monitoring Services in AppFormix
Chapter 8: SDN WAN Solutions
• SDN WAN Concepts
• Components of the NorthStar SDN WAN Controller
• NorthStar Controller in WAN Environments
• NorthStar Planner Concepts
• Functionality of NorthStar Planner
Chapter 9: Cloud CPE
• Legacy Versus Cloud CPE Architecture
• Cloud CPE with Contrail Service Orchestration
Lab: Cloud CPE (video demonstration)
Chapter 10: Cloud Security
• Software Defined Security Network Concepts
• Security Risks in an SDN Environment
• Methods to Secure an SDN Environment
• Lab: Cloud Security using Sky ATP