- Duration: 2 days
This two-day course is designed to introduce the Junos mobile backhaul features, including—but not limited to—timing, Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE), IEEE 1588v2 (Precision Timing Protocol), Circuit Emulation Service over Packet-Switched Network (CESoPSN), Structure-Agnostic Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) over Packet (SAToP), class of service (CoS), and transport over MPLS VPNs. Students will learn to configure and monitor backhaul features that exist on the Junos operating system running on the ACX Series and MX Series platforms. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience configuring, monitoring, and analyzing mobile backhaul functions of the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.3
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the mobile interfaces that are typically backhauled.
• Describe the difference between backhaul services and transport.
• Describe how timing is essential to the operation of a mobile network.
• Describe the purpose of Synchronous Ethernet.
• Describe the behavior of Synchronous Ethernet.
• Describe the function of ESMC.
• Configure and monitor Synchronous Ethernet.
• Describe PTP functionality.
• Demonstrate how to configure and monitor PTP.
• Describe mobile backhaul in a legacy network.
• Describe the functionality of CESoPSN and SAToP.
• Configure and monitor CESoPSN and SAToP.
• Describe the various backhaul solutions available for 3G, HSPA, and 4G mobile networks.
• Describe how to configure a L2 Circuit, Layer 2 VPN, and Layer 3 VPN to provide backhaul services.
• Determine a CoS network design strategy based on given requirements.
• Configure CoS on ingress, transit, and egress nodes to meet case study requirements.
• Describe difference between the access, aggregation, and core backhaul network segments.
• Describe the usage of OAM in a backhaul network.
• Configure and monitor an end-to-end Juniper backhaul solution.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Mobile Backhaul Overview
• Backhaul Overview
• Backhaul Services and Transport
Chapter 3: Synchronous Ethernet
• Overview of Synchronous Ethernet
• Synchronous Flow
• Configuring Synchronous Ethernet
• Configuring Synchronous Ethernet Lab
Chapter 4: Precision Timing Protocol
• PTP Overview
• Configuring PTP
• Monitoring PTP
• Configuring PTP Lab
Chapter 5: Legacy Services
• Legacy Service Overview
• CESoPSN and SAToP
• Configuring CESoPSN and SAToP
• Legacy Backhaul Service Lab
Chapter 6: Next Generation Service
• 3G/HSPA/4G Overview
• Iub over ATM
• Iub over ATM (IMA)
• Iub over Ethernet
• S1-MME, S1-U, and X2
• Next Generation Backhaul Lab
Chapter 7: Class of Service
• Backhaul Case Study Overview
• Ingress Node
• Transit and Egress Nodes
• Class of Service Lab
Chapter 8: A Juniper Solution
• Access, Aggregation, and Core
• Solution Lab