- Duration: 3 days
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space applications, such as Service Now and Service Insight.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain the need for Junos Space software.
• Explain Junos Space architecture.
• List and identify the components and applications of Junos Space.
• List the two different form factors available for Junos Space.
• Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
• Explain how security is provided to Junos Space.
• Explain how to use the Junos Space GUI.
• Describe how Junos Space manages jobs.
• Demonstrate user role differences within Junos Space.
• Explain how to manage the Junos Space platform.
• Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
• Edit device configurations.
• List the purposes of network monitoring.
• Work with the monitoring topology section and manage nodes.
• Manage outages.
• Describe the differences between Template Definitions and Templates.
• Create and use templates and template definitions.
• Create Quick Templates.
• Create and deploy CLI Configlets.
• Describe Automated Support and Prevention (ASAP) benefits.
• Explain Service Now application processes.
• Describe the Service Insight platform settings.
• Describe multinode Junos Space deployment
• Describe the reports function.
• Explain the purpose of report definitions.
• Describe how to generate reports.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Space
• What Is Junos Space?
• Junos Space Architecture
• Junos Space Applications
Chapter 3: Junos Space Deployment
• Two Form Factors
• Junos Space Initial Setup
• Initial Setup of Primary Node
• Junos Space Security
• Junos Space GUI
• Lab: Deploying Junos Space
Chapter 4: Junos Space Fabric Deployment
• Fabric Overview
• Fabric Creation
• FMPM Nodes
• High Availability Failover Scenarios
• Lab 2: Deploying Junos Space Fabric
Chapter 5: Platform Administration
• Job Management
• User Roles
• Application Management
• Lab 3: Administrating the Platform
Chapter 6: Device Management
• Discovering and Managing Devices
• Device Management
• Device Confirguration
• Lab 4: Network Management Platform
Chapter 7: Junos Space Templates
• Template Introduction
• Template Definitions
• Template Creation and Applications
• Quick Templates
• CLI Configlets
• Lab 5: Creating and Applying Templates
Chapter 8: Network Monitoring
• Network Monitoring Overview
• Network Monitoring Topology
• Managing Nodes
• Searching for Nodes and Assets
• Managing Outages
• Events, Alarms, and Notifications
• Managing Reports and Charts
• Lab 6: Network Monitoring
Chapter 9: Automated Support and Prevention
• Service Automation
• Service Now
• Service Insight
• Lab 7: Automated Support and Prevention
Chapter 10: Reports
• Report Definitions
• Generating Reports
• Lab 8: Working with Reports