- Duration: 2 days
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space Security Director application and manage devices with that application. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to work with Security Director. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Security Director. This course is based on Junos Space Release 17.2R1 and Security Director 17.2R1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain the purpose of the Security Director application.
• Describe the Security Director workspaces.
• Discuss how to manage SRX chassis clusters through the Security Director application.
• Explain platform management and basic device configuration through the Security Director application.
• Explain the policy workflow in the Security Director application.
• Explain the purpose of firewall policies.
• Configure firewall policies in the Security Director application.
• Describe how to deploy firewall policies to managed security devices.
• Describe how to manage VPNs.
• Explain the purpose of NAT policies.
• Describe how to configure NAT policies.
• Describe how to use Change Control to request approval for firewall and NAT policy changes.
• Explain how to manage application firewall profiles.
• Explain how to manage IPS policies.
• Discuss how to manage UTM policies.
• Explain the purpose of Log Director.
• Discuss the required components for a Log Director Deployment.
• Explain the installation of Log Director.
• Explain the Security Director event viewer.
• Discuss how to generate alerts and notifications.
• Explain how to generate reports.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Security Director
• Security Director Overview
• Navigating the Security Director Application
• Chassis Clustering
• Device Support
• Basic Device Configuration and Setup
• Lab: Introduction to Security Director
Chapter 3: Security Director—Firewall Policies
• Firewall Policies Overview
• Defining Security Objects
• Configuring Firewall Policies
• Deploying Configuration Changes
• Lab: Provisioning Firewall Policies
Chapter 4: Deploying VPNs
• Creating IPsec VPNs
• Importing IPsec VPNs
• Lab: Provisioning IPsec VPNs
Chapter 5: Deploying NAT Policies
• Overview of NAT
• Configure NAT Policies in Security Director
• Lab: Provisioning NAT Policies
Chapter 6: Deploying AppFW Profiles, IPS, and UTM Policies
• Managing Application Firewall Profiles
• Managing IPS Policies
• Managing UTM Policies
• Deploying Configuration Changes Review
• Lab: Provisioning IPS and UTM Policies and AppFW Profiles
Chapter 7: Monitoring and Reporting
• Log Director Overview, Installation, and Administration
• Log Events
• Alerts and Reports
• Lab: Deploying Log Director