- Duration: 1 week
This one-day course is designed to provide knowledge of how to use Contrail Enterprise Multicloud (CEM) in cloud networks. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in working with CEM in Kubernetes, OpenShift, VMware vCenter, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments. This course is based on Contrail Release 1907.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the benefits of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud.
• Describe the use cases of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud.
• Understand the Contrail Enterprise Multicloud architecture.
• Explain Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
• Explain how Contrail integrates with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
• Understand how Contrail Security is used with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
• List main deployment methods for Contrail with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
• Explain vCenter architecture.
• Understand vCenter integration with Contrail.
• Describe how to connect vCenter workloads using Contrail virtual networks.
• Describe how to use Contrail Security features to secure vCenter workloads.
• Explain the AWS architecture.
• Describe how to launch AWS workloads and network them over Contrail virtual networks.
• Describe how to use Contrail Security features to secure AWS workloads.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Contrail Enterprise Multicloud Overview
• CEM Overview
• CEM Use Cases
• CEM Architecture
Chapter 3: Using Contrail with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
• Architecture of Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
• Contrail Integration Overview
• Workload Isolation
• Using Contrail Security
• Deploying Contrail with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
• Lab 1: Contrail and Kubernetes Integration
• Lab 2: Contrail and OpenShift Integration
Chapter 4: Using Contrail with VMware vCenter
• Overview of VMware vCenter
• Contrail Integration with vCenter
• Instantiating vCenter Workloads over Contrail Virtual Networks
• Securing vCenter Workloads with Contrail Security
• Lab 3: Contrail and vCenter Integration
Chapter 5: Private to Public Cloud Overlay Networking - AWS
• Contrail and Public Cloud Integration
• AWS Overview
• Instantiating AWS Workloads over Contrail Virtual Networks
• Using Contrail Security to Secure AWS Workloads
• Lab 4: Interconnecting Private Cloud Workloads to AWS Workloads