- Duration: 3 days
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Networks Cloud CPE software-defined networking (SDN) solutions. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use Contrail Service Orchestrator (CSO), Contrail Cloud, and NFX Series devices to instantiate centralized, distributed, and SD-WAN deployments of Juniper Networks Cloud CPE solution. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with features of each of these devices. This course is based on CSO Release 3.2.0.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the benefits of the NFX Series product.
• Describe the hardware and software architecture of the NFX Series product.
• Describe the default management networks of the NFX Network Services Platform.
• Manually configure VNF service chaining on the NFX using both virtio and SR-IOV interfaces.
• Describe the basic features of the CSO portals.
• Navigate the Administrator Portal.
• Navigate the Customer Portal.
• Describe how to add a new tenant to CSO.
• Describe how to verify the status of CSO.
• Navigate the Designer Tools user interface.
• Create a network service design using Network Service Designer.
• Describe the various distributed Cloud CPE deployment models.
• Describe the internal NFX topology created by stage 1 and 2 configuration.
• Describe the workflow for the distributed deployment model.
• Describe how to bypass the redirect server.
• Describe the additional workflow steps for options 1 and 4
. • Describe the Contrail SD-WAN deployment model.
• Describe the internal NFX topology created by the SD-WAN stage 1 and 2 configuration.
• Describe the workflow for the SD-WAN deployment model.
• Describe how to implement intent based policies.
• Instantiate an SD-WAN topology using CSO, NFX, and vSRX Series devices.
• Describe how to monitor all aspects of the Cloud CPE operations using CSO.
• Describe the overall topology of the centralized Cloud CPE (vCPE) model.
• Describe the workflow for the centralized Cloud CPE deployment model.
• Implement a centralized deployment using a combination of CSO and Contrail Cloud.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Evolution of the Telco Cloud
• SDN/NFV Overview
• Today’s Telco Data Center
• Juniper’s Cloud CPE Solution Overview
Chapter 3: NFX Network Services Platform
• NFX Overview
• Hardware and Software Architecture
• VNF Data Plane
• Internal Management Networks
• Initial Configuration and Management
• Service Chaining Examples
• Useful Commands
• Lab 1: NFX Network Services Platform
Chapter 4: Network Service Designer
• Getting Started with Designer Tools
• Network Service Designer
• Lab 2: Network Service Designer
Chapter 5: CSO User Interfaces
• Basic Navigation
• Administrator Portal Walkthrough
• Customer Portal Walkthrough
• Adding a Tenant
• Other User Interfaces
• Verifying the State of CSO
• Lab 3: Accessing the CSO User Interfaces
Chapter 6: Distributed Cloud CPE
• Distributed Cloud CPE Deployment Models
• Internal NFX Topology
• Distributed Deployment Workflow
• Bypassing Redirect Server
• Deployment Options 1 and 4
• Lab 4: Distributed Cloud CPE Deployment
Chapter 7: Contrail SD-WAN
• Contrail SD-WAN Deployment Model
• Internal NFX Topology
• SD-WAN Deployment Workflow
• Intent-Based Policies
• Lab 5: Contrail SD-WAN Deployment
Chapter 8: Centralized Cloud CPE
• Centralized Cloud CPE Overview
• Centralized Cloud CPE Deployment Example
• Lab 6: Centralized Cloud CPE